Here I am 33 weeks along in this pregnancy and I feel so HUGE!!! I'm not kidding, I can barely bend down to pick things up. It takes a ton of effort to fasten my church shoes on. I'm going to have to enlist Matt's assistance pretty soon. My stomach is so large! There is no comfortable way to sleep, to sit, to do anything. I can barely breathe. I can't believe that I still have six more weeks left. Whatever am I going to do? I'm pretty sure I have already reached the weight I was when I delivered Annie.
And to prove that I am not exaggerating, I am posting a picture of me that was taken two weeks ago. I've gotten even bigger since then. Look at this stomach!
And here's a picture that Ellie took from her point of view.
Big, big, big. Ok, not as big as women who carry multiple babies at a time, but there's only one in there folks. That's it. I seriously don't know how I am going to get through the next six weeks.
And I just got a letter from the hospital informing me that due to the swine flu threat, the only person that will be allowed to visit me while I am in the hospital is Matt - no one else, not Ellie or Annie, not my parents, no other family or friends. It's a good thing my family doesn't live around here anyway. But I am really sad about the girls not being able to come. It is such a special experience to have the siblings of the new baby come and see the baby and mom. And they won't be able to do that. Plus, since I am having a c-section, I will be in the hospital for a few days and I won't be able to see my girls. I wonder how they will react to not being able to see me or their new sister. I understand why the hospital has this policy. Of course it makes sense. But I just wish there was some way my girls could see me and their new sister, especially because the girls have been vaccinated with the H1N1 vaccine already. In fact, Matt is the only one in the family who hasn't had the shot. And yet, he is the one that can come to visit. Oh the irony. The letter did say that exceptions would be made for extreme cases when a patient is essentially on their death bed, but of course we don't want THAT to happen!!! Oh well, what do you do?
4 comments:
We a similar problem, no kids under 14 in the hospital. Fortunately, the hospital had wifi and I had a laptop with a camera, so we video conferenced using Skype. The kids loved it, and they got to see their new sister.
Oh Sweetie, hang in there. As big as you may feel, the baby is still very little and needs you. I wished myself unpregnant at 33 weeks and feel sorry for it. I know how you feel though. It does get terribly big with many weeks to go. I almost had a panic attack. Can't Matt or a nurse wheel you outside to see your girls while you are at the hospital? That is hard. I would have been really sad if they said that to me.
Shelley you look wonderful!! It's all baby-look how teeny your face and legs are! Wish I could have looked that good with number three!
The hospital I work at has done the same thing. No kids under 14 and only 2 visitors. Its so hard on the families and its hard on the staff. I am friends with the post-partum charge nurse and she says she cries everyday with families over the visiting policy. See if wifi is available and try the skype thing. Then your girls would see you and the new baby.
Post a Comment