Blogging has been put on the back burner because we are remodeling. We decided that we would split the girls large room into two smaller rooms to make space for the new baby. So instead of one bedroom for all three, we will have two small rooms, one for Annie and Ellie to share and one for the baby. It's actually a pretty big project that included knocking out the closet, creating a new door to the bathroom from the hall, expanding the hall, creating two new closets, plus the wall, yadda, yadda.
Construction started last Monday and is still going on. At this point, they say they will be done by Thursday. I can't wait. It really hasn't been too bad. But it's definitely not easy to have no access to the girls' room.
Ellie and Annie are sleeping in our room with us - which has been less than ideal. And everything that is usually in their room has been moved out and is being stored in every nook and cranny throughout the house. Every closet is jam full, we have toys and furniture all over the basement. It's kind of crazy. But it's going to be such a great set up once it's all done and really it's only 11 days.
When the project is complete I'll post before and after pictures. But for now, I'm just trying to get through the construction. Once that's done, then I feel like I can get going on all of the projects I want to accomplish like setting up the baby's room, buying all of our Christmas presents, Thanksgiving stuff, etc.
Only a few more days!
2 comments:
Neat!
That is a great plan! I admire you taking that on being pregnant, but it will make life easier in the long run for sure. The girls will continue to love sharing and the baby will get to sleep uninterrupted! Post pics after! BTW--need the recipe for your enchiladas because they were delicious!
Post a Comment