
Dear Annie,
Today is your 2nd birthday. You are growing up! We love you so much, Annie. You bring such wonderful joy to our lives. You are such a happy little girl. You love to smile. One of your first words was “cheese” and you would say it every time there was a camera near you. You love to smile and let everyone know how happy you are. You have a great belly laugh. It comes right from your gut and it’s probably the cutest thing ever.
You are a cuddler. Some of my favorite times with you have been when we have just sat on my recliner and snuggled. You love to express affection, whether it’s hugging, kissing, or just snuggling. I love to hear you say “I hug you.” It makes me so happy. I stop everything I’m doing when you do, so I a can hold you close and hug you. I dread the day when that stops.
You are finally changing from being a baby to being a big girl. I’m so excited for you as you enter this new stage. You are talking more and more and starting to learn and understand so many things. You are especially fond of books. You could listen to me read all day and never seem to tire from hearing a story. You like to learn about the gospel, you particularly enjoy looking at pictures of Jesus and the temple. We recently took you and Ellie to the temple and let you touch the outside wall. Since that time, whenever the temple is mentioned you declare so happily “I touch the temple!” I love how your testimony is growing.
I love how independent you are. You are so good when others watch you. You go with the flow and seem unworried by most things. Lately you have been saying “Ok” a lot. It really represents your natural reaction to adjust to things.
You love your sister, Ellie. I think you might love her more than you love me. You want to be with her all of the time and you want to do everything that she does. I can’t believe how much you two adore each other. It makes me so happy to see you share such a wonderful bond. I hope and pray that you will always be the best of friends.
I am excited for you to be a big sister. You love to pat my tummy and exclaim with excitement “baby, baby, baby, mama’s tummy!!” I know that you don’t completely get it, but you are so affectionate and loving, I know that you will love your new little sister.
I can’t wait to see you grow even bigger. You have so many amazing qualities. I hope that you will always know how precious you are. I want you to be a strong, passionate woman, full of confidence and self worth. I will always love you and I hope we will be the best of friends forever.
Love,
Mama
2 comments:
Hey Shelly - I wanted to apologize for not coming to the birthday party yesterday. Jasmine really wanted to come but she was running a fever (she has had the swine flu this past week) and I didn't want her to infect the other children.
It was nice to glance over and see you and Matt last night - your ward movie was cute - I especially chuckled at Matt's Bono impression.
We need to have you over for some game fun before the new baby is born!
Annie looks so pretty, what a beautiful dress!
Post a Comment