It is now official, we now have a scheduled day for the new baby's birth. She will be born on Thursday, December 31st. Yippie!!!
I am so happy!! Originally, each doctor in my practice was saying that I would need to wait until January 4th and I was so frustrated. I just couldn't mentally accept having a baby next year, no matter how early in the new year it was. Plus I couldn't get over the huge tax deduction and tax credit we would get if we could only have this baby in 2009.
Under normal circumstances, because I am having a scheduled c-section, they would deliver me one week early which is January 1st. But since that's a holiday and the next two days are the weekend, they were shooting for January 4th. But I guess the squeaky wheel finally gets greased because I kept asking and asking and finally prevailed with, come on, you would normally deliver the baby on January 1st, what is the difference of one day?!?! The doctor took pity on me and consented to schedule the birth for December 31st. Yea!!!
Probably to make me suffer a little, the c-section is scheduled at 7:30am, meaning we need to be at the hospital at 5:30am, but I don't care. This baby is coming this year! That is all I wanted. If they wanted me there at 1am, I would be there.
It's so nice to know that six weeks from yesterday, I'll have a sweet new baby and no longer be pregnant. I can't wait.
On a slightly separate note, I was thrilled when the local radio station started to play Christmas music exclusively this morning. I usually mock the fact that they start their round the clock Christmas music before Thanksgiving. This year, it made me happy because it means that Christmas is soon and that means this baby is coming soon too. What a wonderful thought! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
3 comments:
I had that exact same situation! Timmy was due Christmas Eve and I wanted to be sure that they would induce by the 31st to get that tax deduction! Problem was the 31st was a Sunday and no one wanted to do it. Luckily, when I had my check up on the 28th, the nurse asked if I wanted to be induced right then and there. I sure did! but New Year's Eve would be a cool birthday! Congrats!
Hey Shelly,
Did you have your first 2 girls c-section as well, or do you have a different circumstance this time?I have had 3 c-sections-the first was not scheduled-failure to progress a week late.Then 2 scheduled ones. The scheduled ones are way better!! Sure hope all goes well and that will be a fun birthday to have!! What is the little sweetie's name?
Ellie was not a c-section, but a horrible recovery that resulted in never allowing another baby to go that route. (It's a long sad story) So Annie was a scheduled c-section and this one will be too, as will any that may or may not come after.
Post a Comment