Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ellie


Dear Ellie,

Today you are four years old. I can’t believe it. Sometimes I feel like you’ve been with us forever. Sometimes I can’t believe it’s been four years since you came. We love you so very much. Here are some of the things I love about you.

You are one of the kindest and most tenderhearted children I’ve ever known. I love your sweet temperament. You always want to do what is right. Your heart is so pure. You have no unkind desire or even understanding of doing wrong. You share everything you have without reservation. You love to smile and laugh.

You are a wonderful big sister to Annie. From the day Annie was born you have adored her. You have never shown signs of resentfulness or jealously. It’s like you two have always been together, even though it’s only been two years. I know you will be a wonderful sister to the new baby who is coming. You already love to sing to my tummy and talk to the baby. She is going to love you as much as Annie does.

You are so smart! You are reading and talking with such high comprehension level. I am constantly amazed with how much you know and understand. You love learning about Heavenly Father and Jesus. You always remember to say prayers and you make sure that we do too. You love to kiss and you let me kiss you all the time. I love to cuddle with you and sing songs with you. And you never seem to tire of us singing songs or reading books. You are my companion.

You are so understanding when I am tired from being pregnant. You never make me feel bad when I just can’t keep up with you physically. You are so thoughtful when you pray for me and the baby. You make me feel so special and loved.

You love your friends. You are still so innocent, you don’t understand hate or meanness. When someone is unkind to you, you still think the best of them. I dread the day that someone hurts you and that hurt destroys the perfect innocence you have.

There are so many more things I could list. You have amazing qualities. I can’t wait to see you grow up and become an incredible, strong woman who knows her infinite worth and value. I will always love you and will always be one of your truest friends.

I love you, Ellie.

Love,
Mama

No comments: