The girls moved into their smaller bedroom on Saturday morning. They really seem to love it, even though it is half the size of their old one. We bought them little wall decals of flowers and butterflies to put on the walls and I think that helped them enjoy a little part of the newness.
The baby's room is perfect. It's nice and small but has enough space to fit what we need. The only thing that went drastically wrong is that we picked the worse color possible for it. We were going for a pastel green, but ended up picking out a more neon green shade. I felt so foolish. We were the ones who picked the color swatch and we totally screwed it up. So we are actually now in the process of painting over the horrible green with a much better color. If only we had gotten it right the first time when the contractor painted it for us. Oh well.
I'll post two videos to show you the before and after. The first one is really short and it just shows the girls' old room.
The second one shows the entire half of the upstairs that was changed including the terrible green color. (I'll post more pictures of our new color when we finish the painting job, hopefully in the next few days).
And here's some pictures of the girl's new room with their cute wall decals.
1 comment:
Shelly, Looks great and what a great idea! Someday I want to redo my kitchen and finish my attic, so I'd be interested to know who your contractor was, what the process was like, etc. Kids like sleeping near one another and in smaller spaces, so I'm sure Ellie and Annie won't mind the smaller room a bit. It's very cozy and they can still be together.
Post a Comment