Thursday, November 05, 2009

Halloween 2009

We had a great Halloween this year filled with many, many parties and many, many treats. Starting from 2pm Saturday afternoon, we bounced from three different parties and finally finished off with some great trick or treating despite the dreary, rainy weather.

Ellie wanted to be a cupcake again this year, so we pulled out the old costume from last year. It was a little battered and I could have tried to spruce it up a little, but I admit to being too lazy to do it this year. She still looked great and everyone loved the costume. Annie wore the ladybug costume that Ellie wore two years ago. She simply loved wearing it. She still talks about how Ellie was a cupcake for Halloween and she was a ladybug.

Here they are with their Daddy, who dressed as a penguin, of course at our church Halloween party. For the record, I wore no costume. I went as a very pregnant mother. And also for the record, I never got around to carving my pumpkin. Matt attempted to make me feel better by saying, "you could just say you wanted the pumpkin to look like a pregnant belly." Good enough.

At one of the parties, Ellie borrowed a Vadar mask, and I couldn't resist getting a picture. What a menacing cupcake!
Annie trick or treating
The girls with a few of our friends getting some good candy
We were all pretty tuckered out by the end of the night as is evidenced by this picture. As soon as they walked through the door, this is what the girls did.

No comments: