Day 2 of no heat and we're approaching Night 3. I am grateful that it is April, rather than January or February - truly I am. But does it have to be so cold this week? Last Tuesday, it was in the upper 70s. Today, the high was a chilly 50 and windy. Couldn't it be warmer???? Each night Ellie has been wearing a onesie, a fleece sleeper, two pairs of socks and been bundled under two blankets. I am sleeping in long johns, pants, a long sleeve shirt, a sweater, fuzzy socks, and slippers under a very warm comforter - and I'm still cold. I have given Ellie warm baths before bedtime and naptime. And when she naps, I hop right into bed under the comforter and wait to get warm. It's absolutely ridiculous. Thankfully, my friend, Brynn, took pity on us and invited us over this afternoon to her warm and cozy house. And the heating company has told me that they will be installing my brand new heater tomorrow morning complete with digital programmer and everything (whoopee!).
I do realize that there are worse things that could happen in my life. But I really wish I wasn't so cold! This was exactly my biggest beef with living in Cambridge, MA (and at least we had heat there!) I guess my four years spent living in Arizona during my teenage years thinned out my blood because I just can't stand being cold. I'm such a wimp.
No comments:
Post a Comment