Friday, April 06, 2007

Some Like it Hot; Ellie Does Not

We were out to dinner last night in DC with visiting family. Ellie being her usual cute self was impressing everyone with her voracious appetite and her lack of pickiness when it comes to food. Truly, she will eat most anything and I really don't know how she got that trait because I am one of the pickiest people I know. Well, Matt finally took it all to the limit. He decided to give her a jalapeno, "just to see if she likes it."

The poor thing - her little face turned red, tears started coming and she wailed and cried inconsolably for several minutes. She wouldn't take anything to relieve her burning little mouth. Try as we did, we could not convince her to eat some sour cream or even drink from her sippy cup. Finally I let her drink water from my cup - which I don't usually let her do even though she really enjoys it. That was the only thing that stopped the sobbing and obvious discomfort she was experiencing. The poor darling sat next to me the rest of the evening - rejecting anything her Daddy offered her.

Hopefully Daddy learned his lesson.

No comments: