There aren't too many things to like about Mondays. The beginning of the week is often pretty daunting. But one thing I like about Monday is that it means that I get a fresh start. I always feel a little more motivated on Monday than I do on any other day. I am especially motivated if Matt doesn't work on the Saturday before and we aren't too busy on Sunday either - both of which happened this weekend (sort of, he had a work meeting on Sat. but he actually took Ellie with him. I was able to attend a women's church function sans Ellie. Yippie!!!)
So I am beginning today in good spirits - ready to tackle the mountainous pile of laundry that has accumulated over the past two or three weeks (I honestly can't remember when I did it last.) That's the good thing about Monday. Too bad, by Tuesday or Wednesday and definitely by Thursday I will be dragging again and praying for the weekend.
Back in my single days, my roommates and I liked to refer to Wednesday as "Pajama Wednesday." We figured of all of the days of the week, Wednesday, was by far the worse because you were smack dab in the middle of the week - the weekend too far away still on either side. It's the perfect day to just stay in your pjs and veg. Of course, we never could - so we even went through a period where we would try to preserve the Pajama Wednesday feel by wearing some sort of pj item during the day. I think it mostly was observed by wearing slippers under our desks. Still, even that small act helped us face Wednesday with less trepidation.
Now that I stay at home with Ellie, I suppose I have a little more leeway in the attire required for my job. Maybe I'll just stay in my pjs this Wednesday. If only Ellie would let me stay in bed too. Oh well - it would probably be too good to be true anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment