Monday, April 16, 2007

Light and Christ

Two very cute things that Ellie has done today:

First, she learned that she can reach the light switch in her bedroom from her crib. When I came to get her after a failed attempt to take a second nap, I found her standing by the switch turning the light off and on.

The second (and certainly most precious) happened when she was eating dinner in her highchair. I was in the kitchen and she started saying what I thought was "kitty" over and over. I finished what I was doing and went into the dining room to see if there was a kitty on our deck or something. What I found was little Ellie pointing to the picture of Jesus Christ that we have on our dining room wall and actually saying "Jesus" over and over again. For some reason, her "kitty" and "Jesus" sounds are similar, but there was certainly a distinction this time and it was really amazing to see her recognize Jesus and call Him by name. My favorite parenting moment of the day by far.

No comments: