This actually happened while the computer died a couple of weeks ago, but I believe it should not go unmentioned - My trusty little car hit 100,000 miles. I bought Tommie J* right after I graduated from college and accepted my first job in Washington DC. It was a pretty fast process. I accepted the job on a Thursday, bought Tommie J on Friday and left Phoenix, AZ for the four day trek across the country on Monday. It was crazy.**
We made it to Flagstaff, AZ before we even realized that the tape player didn't work. It made for a long road trip. By the time we got to New Mexico, we broke down and bought a hand held tape player at a local Walmart. Fortunately, the car was under warranty and was fixed as soon as we got to local dealer in Virginia.
Since that trip, Tommie J has taken me on tons and tons of roadtrips. Here's a list of a few:
1 trip to Indiana
At least 6 trips to the OBX, North Carolina
1 trip to Myrtle Beach, SC
Countless trips to NYC (Seriously, I can't remember how many, but at least 15)
At least 6 trips to Boston (roundtrips from either Boston to VA or VA to Boston)
Probably 5 trips to Connecticut (from VA)
While we lived in Boston - we took Tommie J to Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire 4 or 5 times, NYC (at least 3 times), and the Cape.
I think those are all the big trips that Tommie J has made. What a trooper. So it is only fitting that now 7 years after I bought her, I dedicate this post to her. Thank you, Tommie J. Here's to another 100,000 miles.
* Since I know you're dying to know Tommie J is named after my two favorite Apostles of my Church - Take a wild guess.
** In full disclosure, I bought Tommie J with 24,000 miles on her. So I have only been with her for 76,000 miles. But still, that's a lot of miles.
No comments:
Post a Comment