Ellie is growing up and fast. It seems like she is always doing something that we didn't think she could do before and she's noticing things that I didn't think she even would.
Today we were getting ready to head out to make a much needed grocery run and I said "Ellie, are you ready to go?" She replied, "Brandon house," expressing pretty clearly that she wanted to go see her friend Brandon. I told her we were going shopping and she followed up with "Becca house" (Becca is Brandon's mom). She went on and on saying both phrases over and over. So I finally decided to call Rebecca to see if they were available for a stop by visit. But Brandon's grandma is in town, so he was going out today. So we went on to the grocery store, but all morning Ellie kept saying "Brandon, gramma" over and over again. I think this is the first time that she has specifically asked to go a certain place.
Just before lunch, I was sitting at our piano playing a little and Ellie pointed at my khakis and started saying "mama khakis, icky gross." I've been teaching her "icky gross" when we see things that we shouldn't touch that are well, icky gross - like spiders, or mud, etc. Well, I apparently managed to sit into something pretty icky gross, because my khakis had a nickle-sized stain on them of something or other. She pointed out the "icky gross" stain and then pulled a tissue from my pocket and started wiping it furiously on the stain to try to get it out. I told her, that I would take care of it later, but she would not be deterred. I finally stopped playing and removed the khakis (her first response, "mama naked", of course) and cleaned off the stain, just so she would be satisfied.
And these kinds of things are happening every day. Who couldn't love this girl, I ask you?
No comments:
Post a Comment