Monday, July 09, 2007

A Summer with No Vacation

Well, we're almost half way through the summer I've dubbed as the "summer with no vacation." Matt is in a series of four trials that started in May and will end in October - meaning there is no time to take vacation until mid-October. And wouldn't you know, we won't be able to take a vacation then because our new arrival will come less than three weeks after that. And then we really won't have time to take vacation.

So I've been trying not to be too negative about the lack of vacation this year. (Certainly my lot isn't that bad, we have friends who can't go on vacation this summer too because the wife has significant restrictions due to her upcoming pregnancy in September). At least I am completely mobile. But it's still no fun.

On the plus side, we are saving whatever money we would have spent on vacation (not that that's ever that much, but still). I content myself by dreaming up fun vacations for next summer. Here's to dreaming!

No comments: