Yesterday I decided to try something new. Ellie loves to walk and she asks to do it all of the time particularly when she is in the car and the stroller. So after dinner, I decided that we would go on a walk, but this time I would let her walk and I would just follow her wherever she wanted to go. I figured we would just stay around our little cul-de-sac. Boy, was I wrong. She walked straight up the street all the way to the playground (and not the nearest playground either, but the one that we usually go to which is more her size). It was like she was on a mission, she knew where she wanted to go and what she wanted to do. After the playground, she wanted to walk to her friend, Brandon's house. Imagine how sad she was when we saw that Brandon was not home. This morning I measured how far the walk was in my car - an entire half mile!
After all of that walking, I wasn't too surprised when she decided it was more fun to be carried. So I carried her home on my shoulders. She loved touching the leaves from the trees we walked under and pulling my hair very hard. What an adventure.
Another great stride to report is that Ellie is starting to speak in sentences. She has a bunny that plays a tune when you pull the string. Yesterday, she pulled the string and proudly declared "I did it." It was so exciting! Reportedly, Matt has gotten her to say "I love you, Daddy." But I didn't hear it, and she hasn't done it again, so I've been skeptical. But she has said "I did it" quite a few times now so we're sure that one has stuck.
Go Ellie, my cute little walker and talker.
No comments:
Post a Comment