Friday, October 05, 2007

All Baby

It's my favorite comment to hear from someone when I am really pregnant. There's nothing nicer to hear than the fact that you have gained an insane amount of weight, someone thinks that it is only showing up in your belly and that the rest of your body hasn't ballooned as well.

I was at the gym Wednesday night trying as much as possible to quietly go about my 30 minute cardio workout on the elliptical machine. I'm not much of a gym talker, I don't really say anything to anyone and I try to be as wallflowerish as possible. This is even more true now that I am so visibly pregnant. At least, it's obvious to the world that I am pregnant. When I was half way through I wondered if the people at the gym thought I was just fat and not pregnant. But thankfully, there's no question, I am really pregnant.

Anyway, as I started to mount the elliptical machine, the woman next to me said "Wow! How long do you have?" "Five weeks." "You look incredible, you're all baby." It was the nicest thing to say. I felt so good. Even though I don't believe it's really true. I know I've put on weight in my hips and sides too. But it sure made my day. Thank you, thank you, thank you. It's nice to think that someone thinks I look good, even if I struggle to do the most seemingly easy tasks like picking up dropped items and tying my shoes.

1 comment:

Cindylou said...

Shelly,

The mere fact that you are still at the gym with only 5 or so weeks to go should confirm that are doing what you can to stay in shape during your pregnancy. Kudos to you sweetie. I have said it before, but I agree with that women...I really hope I look as good as you do when I am at that stage!

Hope you and everyone is well.

xoxo,
Cindy