I feel so incredibly foolish. More than a month ago, I scheduled a dentist appointment for both Matt and myself. We had been complete slackers and didn't get a regular cleaning appointment six months ago. So it's been a little less than a year since we've been to the dentist.*
So practically every week as we would look ahead in the calendar, I would remind Matt that we had our dentist appointment on Thurs. Oct 25th at 7:30am. I know he was getting tired of me constantly reminding him. We even got the reminder call from the dentist's office on Tuesday morning as well.
Then wouldn't you know it, we completely spaced it. This morning at 7:45am, Matt was finishing his shower, and I had just started eating breakfast when the phone rang. Who would be calling this early in the morning? I was halfway through the thought when I freaked out as I realized that we were now 15 minutes late to our appointment! I was still in my pjs, Ellie was in bed, and Matt hadn't eaten breakfast. Matt fessed up to the dentist, but they said we could still come in if we could get there ASAP.
I was so embarrassed. I rarely forget anything. I like to think that my mind is a steel trap when it comes to appointments and responsibilities. But clearly, I dropped the ball on this one.
Fortunately, the dentists were wonderful. We go to a father-son team, so they saw us at the same time. They even brought toys in for Ellie and she played on the floor next to me while the dentist worked with me. They were so understanding and sweet with Ellie. When the assistant was polishing my teeth, the dentist actually spent a few minutes playing with Ellie - it was the cutest thing ever. I was just so impressed.
So it really turned into a positive experience, even though I am still mortified at spacing out the actual appointment. I guess I can always blame it on my pregnancy, but I really don't think it had anything to do with that. Unless I truly am losing my mind.
*Considering how long it was before that though, we've improved dramatically. I really don't know how many years Matt didn't go to the dentist, but it was multiple.
No comments:
Post a Comment