Monday, October 22, 2007

Four Day Break Over

Matt's trial is finally over! They did closing arguments on Wednesday of last week - so Matt took both Thursday and Friday off - not that it really makes up for all of the vacations we could have done during the summer, but it was just so nice to have him around for four full days.

We spent almost the entire time doing everything that we've been putting off for forever. There were so many home projects to do, cleaning, errands to run. We spent a little time relaxing, but mostly it was just knocking items off the lengthy to do list we made. Fortunately, we got just about everything done.

Now Matt's back to work - only to be taking paternity leave in two weeks. It will be great to have him around full time again. Of course, it would be better if there wasn't a brand new baby that cries and wakes up every two hours, and a sore wife recovering from delivery. Oh well. We'll take what we can get.

Only two more weeks! Time still seems to be dragging, but we'll get there eventually I guess. And yes, I still have lots of things to do until then, so I really shouldn't want time to fly by too fast.

1 comment:

Cindylou said...

Wow Shelly. Only two more weeks. How are you feeling? I will be praying for you!

xoxo,
C