Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Musings a Week Before

So we are down to the final week. We've got pretty much everything out - washed and ready to go. Ellie is probably as ready as she can be. Her birthday party is scheduled this week so we'll get that out of the way before the new one arrives. It's going to be trains, trains and more trains. I can't believe how much she loves them. It cracks me up. Now all I really need to do is clean my house, which is in massive disarray - but I doubt I'll do much more than the bare minimum.

Matt has determined that we need to watch E.T., because I don't believe I've ever watched it the entire way through and he feels that that's a tragedy. So we've rented it from the store and are scheduled to watch it tonight. I guess it's timely, I seem to remember it being set around Halloween. Doesn't E.T. dress up as a ghost or something?

This morning, I made my last trip to the gym for what will be a long time. I've frozen my membership beginning Thursday until at least January. I have to say the major reason that got me there was pride. I was tired this morning and really not in the mood to go. But there was that strong part of me that wanted to get to the gym so I could say - hey a week before I delivered my 2nd baby, I was at the gym. Not that it did much for me. I was so slow on the elliptical machine - I barely burned 230 calories. That doesn't even negate one of the two bowls of cereal I had this morning (one at 4:45am and one at 8:30am). Oh well. At least I went, and I'm proud of myself for going for 39 of the 40 weeks of my pregnancy. So go me.

No comments: