Monday, February 04, 2008

A New Toy for Mama

A little late,* I got my wedding anniversary present from Matt last week - a iPod nano. Matt has been asking me for quite a few years if I wanted to get an iPod. I kept saying no because it was an expensive purchase and I figured I could just borrow his. But I finally decided it would be nice to have an iPod to take with my to the gym whenever I want. Before if I went during the day, I had to go without music because Matt takes his to work. Plus, it would be great to have it in the car during the day - since I spend a lot of time running errands with the girls.

Anyway, it's great. I love it. I love being able to play shuffle and know that I will always hear a song I like. That's not the case when I use Matt's iPod because while we do have some of the same likes and dislikes in music, our tastes aren't exactly alike.

It's a teenie little thing - extra thin and light. I still kind of laugh at it when I look at it - it hardly seems like much of anything since it's so tiny. And despite the fact that Matt was sure that 4gigs was enough for me, I found myself having to pare down the amount of music I wanted to add.

I feel like I have the coolest luxury ever - completely indulged. Not bad for an anniversary gift.

*the lateness is totally my fault. It took me forever to decide what I wanted.


2 comments:

CPT K said...

Sister A,

Awesome. Is that Matt's hand? He should be a hand model.

Adam

Shelly said...

Ha! No, it's just a pic I found online. Whosever hand it is, they're probably a hand model.