Annie is causing problems in our house as of late. She got an ear infection almost two weeks ago and since then she has lost what little sleeping skills she had acquired. She used to sleep as much as 8 hours at a stretch at night. Now her longest stretch is 5 hours and she's usually getting up every 3 hours - behaving just like a newborn. I am about out of my mind with frustration.
It takes forever to put her to sleep and then when we finally set her down, convinced that she's fast asleep, her little eyes pop open and she begins to scream and the whole soothing bedtime routine begins again. This is what I absolutely hate about babies - sleeping troubles. Why can't they just sleep? Especially when it is clear that they are exhausted? When I'm exhausted, it takes roughly 10 seconds for me to fall asleep. (Matt can attest to this truth). So why does it take several rounds of soothing and coddling to get Annie to sleep? We had the same problem with Ellie too. At the brink of exhaustion, we finally made her cry it out when she was six months old.
Early on Annie seemed to be a little better at the sleeping thing than Ellie. But lately, it hasn't been the case. She has a dr's appt on Thursday to make sure that she has fully recovered from her ear infection. Once I've confirmed that, I am ready to make her cry it out and reclaim my sleep. It would be the best Valentine's Day gift ever!
1 comment:
I have often wondered why babies come without knowing how to sleep. It is awful. Just when you are breathing a sigh of relief, the weather changes or there is an ear infection and all your hard work goes out the window. Andy and still wakes at night and he is 16 months. I have let him cry it out about 7 times in his short life and something always seems to mess up his good sleeping habits. Good luck with everything. If you figure out a good remedy, let me know.
Post a Comment