Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Traveling Matt

Matt is on his way to California today (San Diego again) for work. This one is going to be a quick trip. But I miss him already. The summer after we married we spent apart - Matt in Washington DC and me in Boston. Matt was summering at the firm he is working at now and I couldn't leave my job and expect to get it back at the end of the summer. While it wasn't fun to be away from each other, it was a lot easier than I think it would be now that we have kids. Matt is such a great help with the girls. I just wouldn't want to do this parenting thing alone. So I'm glad that so far this is only his second work trip since he started back in 2005. We are so fortunate! Of course, there are many nights when he's working late that it's about the same thing as traveling - we don't see him at all. But at least he sees us (when he comes in late and we're all asleep) and I get to chat with him for five minutes in the morning before he leaves again.

So we're going to be on our own this week. Hopefully Annie will quit waking up twice every night as I have had it with losing my sleep (this really is the biggest thing I loathe about having babies). Other than that, life is good.

Thanks to all of the well wishes on my birthday. The good news is that at the last minute Friday evening Matt got a reprieve from work. We jumped at the opportunity to go to dinner without the girls (The Melting Pot - yum!) thanks to a very generous babysitting offer from one of my visiting teachers. It was so nice to have three hours kid-free - what a luxury!

No comments: