For some time now, both Matt and I have been overwhelmed with our lack of time to do all of the things we need and want to do. It seems that by adding another child, we have lost what little free "me time" and "couple time" we ever had. We finally decided that the answer to our problem was better time management.
So Matt created a family schedule, which is really his schedule, but since his presence and the lack thereof affects my alone time I call it the family schedule. The schedule does many things. It lays out when Matt gets to practice his piano. It determines when Matt comes home from work, which nights he stays late to put in the needed extra hours, which ones he comes home in time for dinner with us, etc. It also determines when I go to the gym. Seems that I get to go to the gym Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 6am. Now in fairness, it has Matt going to the gym Tuesday and Thursday at 6am. Still three days in a week - I hope I can do it.
I am kind of looking forward to having the structure of the schedule in place. It always nice to know that you have time to do the things you want to do as long as you have a plan in place and stick to it. So we'll see how this new schedule works. Today is our first day on it. Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment