Monday, February 18, 2008

Valentine's Day Toes

Matt asked for only one thing for Valentine's Day this year - for me to paint my toenails. He's always liked when I do it, and well, I just never do it. I don't know why, it's probably just because I'm not much of a girly girl and I feel like maintaining polished toenails or even fingernails is just too much of a hassle. So I painted my toenails on our wedding day for him and I don't think I've done it since. So when it was his only request for Valentine's Day, I couldn't say no. Of course, when Ellie saw me painting my toenails, she wanted in on the action. It was actually fun to sit there and paint her toenails. She was so still and pleased with the final product. Here's a pic of our finished nails. She still talks about her pink toes.

5 comments:

MBusse said...

Doh! This is blowing my birthday gift!

Ryann said...

We had a friend come over who showed the girls her painted toenails. Ever since, they must have their toes painted! Madi even comes to me to tell me that the polish has come off and it is time for more. A nail polish monster was born!

Melissa said...

It is so sweet that something so little like that would make Matt happy and sweet of you that you would do it for him. Nicky and I got mother/daughter pedicures at the real nail salon the other day and you would have though she died and went to heaven. Sadly the polish on my toes is peeling and I have done little to remedy it.

Cindylou said...

That is such a cute request. Not only was he happy, but you and Ellie had a bit of girly bonding time together.

I must say I am with you. As girly girl as I may come across, I almost NEVER paint my fingers or toes.

I don't mind a pedicure now and again (it simply feels good) but I could care less to do it often.

Glad you had a good day!

xoxo,
C

Natalee Maynes said...

I love Ellie's chubby little baby toes all painted up in pink. As for yours, they look sophisticated, chic and very sassy.