Thursday, February 28, 2008

Resolutions Revisited

I've been thinking I needed to report on my efforts to keep my New Year's Resolutions. So here are my goals and how I'm doing on them.

1. Take better care of my skin including washing my face day and night at least 5 times a week. - This one I am totally doing poorly on. It doesn't help that Annie is still sleeping in our room, so I try to make my trips to our bathroom as few and quick as possible. Perhaps after she's moved into Ellie's room, I will be better at this. I am averaging about two times a week on this one.

2. Wear makeup at least twice a week - For the most part, I've been able to do this one. My default day is Sunday - that seems to be the easiest day for me to wear makeup because Matt's around in the morning. Ellie has really gotten into being apart of my makeup application. She insists on getting some herself. So I usually give her a little powder on her cheeks, some light eye shadow and a pale lip gloss. I wonder if anyone at church has noticed - anyone?

3. Lose baby weight - specifically reach my pre-pregnancy weight by June - I am on my way. As of this morning, I have 12 lbs to go. However, I would like to lose 15 lbs beyond that, so that leaves me with 27 lbs to work toward.

4. Get to the gym at least four times a week minimum - I've totally got this one covered. Yes, it means that I am going at 6am, but I've noticed that I've really come to enjoy the gym, not only for the workout, but for the break from the girls.

5. Read the Book of Mormon cover to cover - I'm doing pretty well on this too. My plan is to keep on track with the Sunday School assignment, which I have done so far.

6. Do my visiting teaching 100% - check yes on this too - for January and February.

7. Read at least one book with Ellie every day - This one is no trouble at all. Ellie LOVES to read and is constantly asking me to read her books. We probably read at least ten books a day, several times over. It's gotten to the point where she has heard them so often she can finish the lines on a page once I start it for her. She's a good little memorizer.

So that, faithful reader, is where I am on my resolutions. Clearly, I need to do better on my first goal, but I'm really pleased at how well I am doing on the others. I'll be sure to give more updates later so I can be accountable for my goals.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, you are so good at keeping goals. I have the hardest time with it. You inspire me to do better. I admire that you can go to the gym that early.

melbo said...

I love the makeup one! Its so funny that we moms have to force ourselves to primp. I have a goal to put lotion on every day, which I accomplish about 10% of the time. I didn't even set one for shaving my legs! lol!
Anyway, you're inspiring, especially with the BOM reading! Way to go!