Monday, July 28, 2008

24 hour jaunt

I took a quick trip to NYC last Thursday to see a play that my cousin, Lissa, not only wrote but starred in off Broadway. My aunt told me about the play and I just couldn't resist the chance to see it and get a quick mommy break. It was wonderful!

Thanks to a friend who watched the girls Thursday afternoon until Matt could get home from work. And an even bigger thank you to Matt who worked from home Friday morning while I came home. I took the bus. It was so nice to have 4+ hours to just relax, listen to my iPod, read a good book and just daydream, and not having to look after a little person. I got into NYC at 7:30pm and left the next morning at 9:30am so it was quick!

My cousin's play was great. It was part of summer theater festival in a theater just off 42nd street. I'm so excited for her. It's not easy to get your stuff done in NYC, so she ought to be pretty proud of herself. Hopefully this will open even more opportunities for her. Here's to many more!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow,there are a lot of Lissas in your family. I need to know the story behind that name. And why did Emily name her baby Lissa. Was it after your sister? Now why do you have a cousin named Lissa?

That is awesome that she got a play done in New York. I bet that was a dream.

Shelly said...

You're telling me. Just try explaining it to 2-yr-old Ellie. She has a cousin Lissa, an aunt Lissa and a second cousin Lissa! Ridculous! Yes, Emily's Lissa is named after my sis. My cousin however isn't. A fluke, I tell you.

Matt has been known to rant over the name repetition in my family including the two Jeffs, two Steves, two Dans, three Lissas, etc. That's why we named Ellie a name that had absolutely no family ties!!!!

Vickie said...

I'm so jealous that you got go see it. Lissa used to write little plays that all the cousins would perform at family reunions. I bet we could post the recordings online and be internet superstars.