Monday, July 21, 2008

Daddy's Got a New Name

Ellie is learning more and more each day and she is talking up a storm. It's so funny to hear what comes out of her mouth. This weekend she learned that Daddy is my "husband." She spent the entire ride to church talking to me about my "husband." (Matt was already at church for his meetings.) Here's a few things that she said -

"Mama, do you miss your husband?"
"Do you think we should go see your husband at church?"
"Mama, I miss your husband."
"Let's go to church so we can see your husband."
"When we get to church, then we can see you husband."
"Mama, I miss my husband." - my response - "I don't think you have a husband yet, honey. You will someday. But I guess you can miss him right now."

You could tell she was having fun using this new name for Daddy. It was pretty funny. It's only a matter of time before she finds out that I'm Daddy's wife and she start calling me that!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That's really cute. I love watching kids learn new things and hearing how they use terminology. Nicky says she wants to marry Andy in the temple all the time. We haven't figured out quite how to break it to her that it isn't an option.

Andrea said...

that's funny, nick called us "Shawn and An" for a long time, cute at first but then annoying!

M said...

Very cute! My 3-yr-old nephew does something similar--he likes to say "There's your sister" to his mom anytime I come over, or he'll say "Do you miss your mom?" instead of referring to my mom as grandma. Must be something they go through at this age, as they pick up on different relationships. Hee hee.