Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Countdown

Ellie is so excited about our upcoming trip to Utah that every time we go anywhere she asks to go to Utah. She also repeats many times a day - "Can I go to Utah now?" "I want to go to Utah to see _______." (usually grandma and grandpa) Whenever we see a plane in the sky she says, "Mama, that's the big, big airplane that we will take to Utah." "Can we go?" I finally broke down and made a countdown chain, so she can count down the days til we leave and try to understand that we still have many more days until we do (11 counting today). I did this at Christmastime and I think she sort of got it. Maybe she'll get it better this time.

3 comments:

Emily said...

That Ellie is so cute!

Natalie C. said...

We leave for Utah in 3 days. I wish I was as excited as Ellie. I'm having a little in-law anxiety. I love them & they're great, but the problem is that we will all be under one roof- all 7 of Chris' siblings & us together... and I've never done that before. Sigh! Wish me luck!

Shelly said...

Natalie, that sounds CROWDED! We are just having us and Matt's two brothers & fam in one house and I think that's the limit!