Tuesday, February 24, 2009

31

I had a pretty wonderful birthday. It started with Matt making me waffles for breakfast. I just love waffles. They are so yummy.

Then I got my first of many phone calls - from my parents. It was before 6am for them in Phoenix. But of course, they were up and began their day by wishing me a happy birthday. They are such early risers. It was great to hear from them. They are the ones that made me who I am. I love them so much.

We didn't really do much during the day. I went to the gym, which was nice to just zone out and get a good work out in. The rest of the time we just hung out at home. Matt and Ellie made me the most delicious chocolate peanut butter cheesecake. It was a really intense recipe that I found in a magazine. They did a really good job on it. It was so yummy.

Then we dropped the girls off at our babysitting swap and headed out to dinner. I picked Pizzeria Uno again - not only because I like it, but we had a $10 off coupon. It was great. We skipped dessert because we had the cheesecake at home waiting for us.

Here's the bakers of my fabulous cheesecake (and yes, that's a homemade oreo cookie crust):
Me just before blowing out the candles. I guess Matt decided I could only handle 4 candles (3 and 1 for 31; he's probably right.)
As you can see, Annie really liked the cheesecake.
Ellie too.
And same with the birthday girl.
Then after we put the girls to bed we watched part of Season 1 of the Office. We have just started watching this show. I have to say I'm hooked. I think Jim is the best.
Add all of the wonderful birthday greetings I got from friends and family and it really couldn't have been a better day. I wasn't thrilled about being 31. 30 just sounds cooler, doesn't it? But I am so blessed. I have a wonderful, thoughtful husband; two beautiful, sweet daughters; we're all healthy and have means to live a comfortable life; and I have incredible friends and family who love and support me. I truly feel so fortunate.

2 comments:

Matt Astle said...

For the record, it took Shelly TWO puffs to blow out those four candles.

Mikelle said...

I'm a little slow on things...but happy 31! Sounds like it was great. We'll be out in DC in a month, it would be fun to see you.