I've realized that there are few things that I have posted about lately that I haven't followed up on. So here's the last word.
Preschool - we decided to sign Ellie up with the high school preschool. Ellie and I attended one day and she had a fabulous time. There are only 15 preschoolers and 3x as many high schoolers. I was so impressed with the individual attention each child received - way more than they would get at private school. I also think the time frame (8:30am-11:30am) will work better for me. Annie is transitioning to one nap a day and if Ellie's preschool went any later; it would interfere with Annie's afternoon nap. Also, I don't have to worry about sending a lunch with Ellie. I'm not ready to be that organized in the morning. I'll save that for two more years. Plus you can't beat the convenience factor. The high school is less than 3 miles away, easy, easy. And of course, can't beat the price; not even close.
Budget - some have noticed that we went out to eat a few times this month. We stuck to our stringent budget all of January. During our end of the month review, we realized that we didn't need to be so stingy to meet our goal of killing the 2nd mortgage. As a result, we bumped up a few areas of our budget including our eating out budget and our grocery budget. It was a happy discovery and fortuitous as that allowed us to dine out for my birthday and Valentine's day. While we probably ate out more this month than we will any other month (because of those special days), it was nice to know that we could still reach our financial goals and live a little too.
Taxes - got the return this week and have already put it exclusively towards reducing the principle on our 2nd mortgage. Happy Day!!!
1 comment:
Dang. I gotta get my taxes done.
Post a Comment