Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Feeling Loved

I have felt so loved and appreciated lately. I guess I'm pretty lucky to have Valentine's Day and my birthday right within a week of each other. Not only did I have a wonderful Valentine's Day with Matt and the girls, but a couple of women from church have done some great things for me as well.

The first one offered to babysit the girls last Friday evening so Matt and I could go out for dinner. It was her birthday present to me. And she has five kids of her own so it's a huge sacrifice to add another two kids to her regular Friday evening dinner. I can't think of a more perfect present for a mom. It was so nice to have the evening to eat a meal just with him and not have to worry about the girls. We actually didn't even go out to eat. Instead, we stayed home and made dinner there. For dessert we just picked up some pre-made desserts at the local grocery store on the way to get the girls. It was perfect. This is the second year in a row this woman has watched Ellie and Annie for my birthday and I can't even express how grateful I am for it. She is so thoughtful.

The second woman asked me if she could take me out for dinner for my birthday. This was wonderful. She let me pick the restaurant and told me to get anything I wanted. So sweet! I picked Pizzeria Uno because I really like their dessert menu. We had the best time, just chatting and getting to know each other better. She made me feel so loved and appreciated. After sharing this wonderful meal with me, which was her treat, she even presented me with a gift. I was so touched. And if that wasn't all, she gave me a beautiful purse she wasn't using anymore. This has a story behind it because we have an activity coming up for church where we are supposed to bring a purse. Well, I don't carry a purse. I don't really have one. Well, I mentioned this to my friend and she remembered and gave me her purse so I would have one for the activity. Isn't that so nice? I was so overwhelmed with her thoughtful gesture.

Both of these women are truly so kind and generous. I feel so fortunate to count them as friends. I really look up to them a lot. I can't thank them enough for their presents. I feel so pampered and loved.

No comments: