Sunday, February 01, 2009

Done - Now Send Me My Check

This is a first. It's Feburary 1st and we are ready to file our taxes. Really. They are going in the mail tomorrow and hopefully we will get our return super soon - it goes straight to debt reduction. (For some, that may not sound exciting. But trust me, to me, it's very exciting.)

This is the fastest we've ever been with filing taxes. (And I'm pretty fast!) I think it has a lot to do with the fact that overall our taxes are pretty uncomplicated and we are very familiar with the 1040 form as far as knowing what we do and do not qualify for and what credits and deductions we can and cannot take based on salary ceilings and what not. Anyway. They are done and I am very glad.

Next up. State taxes. Hopefully, we'll get them done this week and then no stress. Sweet.

2 comments:

M said...

Way to go Shelly!! And I agree: debt-reduction is very exciting. I hate having those student loans hanging over my head.

Melissa said...

Hopefully you will get lots of money back and your state won't threaten to do IOUs like California did.