Sunday, February 22, 2009

Feeling Even More Loved

Yesterday was my birthday and I got the nicest surprise. I heard from so many of my dear family and friends wishing me a happy birthday. I finally figured out that Matt had emailed probably everyone that has ever known me and let them know that it was my birthday and encouraged them to contact me to wish me a happy birthday. (I started figuring it out when tons of people had emailed me and I was sure that they didn't normally know that it was my birthday.)

Well, it was pretty wonderful and amazing. I got countless phone calls and emails throughout the day. It made me feel so special. I heard from my parents, in laws, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, high school friends, college friends, friends I've known from my time here in DC, Boston and Arizona. I don't know how Matt found so many people from my past, but he did. Many of them wrote really nice things about me or memories we've shared. I just loved it. It's been so perfect looking over their emails or ecards. As I was reading the latest batch of them last night, I couldn't help but cry because I just felt so much overwhelming love. It truly was the best thing that anyone could ask for. I wish that I could personally hug everyone that contacted me. It meant so much to me. Each of them has contributed so much to my life. I feel I have had such a blessed life and truly it's the people I am so fortunate to have known and love that have made it so.

4 comments:

Rob and Jewls said...

Tell Matt, I did not get the memo! Happy Belated Bday, Shelly! It sounds like it was great. Good job, hubby!

Vickie said...

Ah! I totally meant to email you. I'm glad so many people did! I love you, too! Happy Birthday!

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

Happy Belated Birthday Shelly! I hope that you had a wonderful day!

Cindy

Matt Astle said...

Sorry, Jewls. I knew there was someone I missed.