Tuesday, February 10, 2009

One of the Best Free Things We've Gotten

Besides our free TV which we use quite often, the other free thing we have that gets a lot of use is our Dustbuster. Some friends of ours gave it to us when they moved away last summer. I guess they didn't have space for it in the move or something. I went to visit them the last night they were in their place and consequently came home with quite a few cleaning supplies - among which was a Dustbuster.

And I have to tell you, it's been really great to have. The best thing about it is that it's a cleaning tool that Ellie can use. Plus I'm a big believer in making sure that everyone chips in with house cleaning. Once children are old enough, I think it's really important to give them chores and make them apart of the family team.

So as you might imagine our dining room floor is often littered with food pieces that have dropped or been thrown from the high chair (mostly cheerios). Now whenever there's a mess on the floor, all I have to do is give Ellie the Dustbuster. She loves it because it's something that she can do and she loves to help. And I love it because that's one cleaning chore I don't have to do. It's a win- win. So thank you, Adam and Katie. You have no idea how helpful you were in giving us your Dustbuster. My dining room floor thanks you too!

3 comments:

Joni said...

I totally agree with you on the chores and cleaning. Aydon got a vacumm a year ago for Christmas and loves to use it (although it, the vacuum) doesn't do the best job). Recently, I've been having him make his bed and he has gotten pretty good. Isn't it so nice to have a "little" help with the chores? I think I might have to get a dustbuster and have Aydon clean up the kitchen floor, too. That's always the biggest mess!

CPT K said...

you are totally welcome. hopefully we come visit some day to sit on your clean floors and listen to matt play the piano.

Shelly said...

Yes, come visit! You're welcome anytime. And I'd even give up the Dustbuster if you'd move back when you finish your law school gig.