Monday, February 09, 2009

Library Hoppers

For most of January and so far in February we have really become library hoppers - going from many of the different branches of our county library to attend the various reading times they put on. We've seriously been going to as little as one a week, sometimes two. It's been a lot of fun. They have reading programs for 3-5 year olds & 13-24 month-olds. Most of the programs are for Ellie's age, but Annie likes them too and she's so even tempered about sitting and watching the leader read the books or playing with me in the background. Each of the story times include songs, fingerplays, books and sometimes a craft. (Today we made valentines)

I feel so fortunate to live a place that has so many story time opportunities. Literally within a 10 mile radius, we have as many 10 libraries in our county (not to mention the Alexandria city libraries and Arlington county libraries which I haven't tried out yet). There's more further away in the county too, but we're not that dedicated. Anyway, yea for story time and yea for public libraries! What would we do without you?

2 comments:

hp said...

The Library! The Library! It's a place where the books are free! ;)

Jill said...

Yes. Yeah for libraries. I only discovered library storytime once we moved to AZ and I wish I would have known about it in VA. Ryan LOVES it so much, and Sarah does too. I love how it makes kids look forward to going to the library!