Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Day

We had a lovely Valentine's Day. First off, Matt whisked the girls away the moment they woke up* Saturday morning. They had a daddy daughter breakfast at Ihop and I got the morning to myself to do with what I wanted. It was great! I got up pretty soon after they left, finished preparing my Valentines, and went to work out. By the time I got back home, they were waiting for me with my awesome Valentine's day present (mentioned in an earlier post).

And I presented my little Valentines. I got each of them little treats and wrote them a little love note. Then added them to the other Valentines they had received over the past couple of days from friends and family. They were fun to put together. Ellie really like the yogurt treats I picked out. Annie wasn't such a fan. Oh well. And of course, Matt liked his Whoppers and mint M&Ms.

Annie's

Ellie's

Matt's - The girls made the hearts at a reading time at the library.


Matt and I ended the day by going to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner while the girls were at our babysitting swap. While the food was good, I had forgotten how overpriced I think it is - and we didn't even get dessert. Plus you have to put up with such a long wait. Next time, Matt, remind me. Still it was wonderful to have dinner with my love; and only my love.
*They actually slept in til after 7:30am, which is amazing for them.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

alright i've gotta ask - IHOP and Cheesecake Factory? did you have gift cards or did you break the budget already?

Shelly said...

Good question!

At the end of January we reviewed our goals and budget and realized that we didn't have to make as many cuts as we first thought and still be able to pay off the 2nd mortgage. That allowed us to give a little increase in our monthly expenditures.

The Cheesecake Factory was a little over the top, fortunately we didn't have as many misc. expenses in February so it worked, but I doubt we'll go there again soon. February is a more celebration oriented month with the combination of my birthday and Valentine's Day. Luckily we were able to get the wiggle room when we later assessed the budget. Whew!

Andrea said...

i was shocked you'd break the budget since you stick to it so well - glad you have some extra to enjoy a night out once in a while!