About two days before Valentine's Day I was reading a book to Ellie. We were snuggling as we read it. It was a Valentine's book and when we were done I talked to Ellie about how much I love her and that she was my Valentine. She told me loved me too and we hugged and snuggled a little more. My heart was so full of love at the moment, I thought to myself. I don't need to have any more kids, I have so much love right here with Ellie and with Annie. It later occurred to me that Ellie and Annie are going to grow up and they won't always want to sit in my lap and cuddle and tell my how they love me. It made me sad. Why can't I have a perpetual 3 yr-old, I asked Matt.
So for Valentine's Day, Matt and Ellie gave me one of those cards that plays a song when you open it - the song was You Make Me So Very Happy. And this one let's you record a personal message before you open it. Matt recorded Ellie saying "Mama, I love you. Happy Valentine's Day!" And there it was. My 3 yr-old frozen in time. I cried, I loved it so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment