Ellie knows lots of words! It is so cool to listen to her actually figure out what a word is - sounding it out and then eventually committing it to memory. She's so smart! I'm really not one to go crazy in pushing your child to read, but Ellie really likes her cards and is having a fun time using them. I figure as long as she's having fun. Let's do it.
As a side note, I admit to scoffing a little at Matt when he bought Ellie the Complete works of Dick and Jane when she was six weeks old. But guess what? She loves reading those stories at bedtime and is getting pretty good at reading many of the words in the stories. They really are perfect little stories to learn to read by.
3 comments:
Dick and Jane books are what made Luke read! They are how we did it too! They are fun and repetitive. My mom swears by the flashcard method...go ellie!
Good job Ellie! My point of view is that if your kid love it, keep it up. I love feeding Aaron's desire to learn. If she wants to learn let her. Congrats Ellie!!
What a great idea. I will have to try that with Nicky.
Post a Comment