Yesterday, we went to the National Kite Festival. This was our second time going to the festival, (we went last year as well). The weather was definitely less than ideal - it had been raining the day and night before and was still drizzling throughout the day. The ground was muddy and the it was a little chilly. And even though we had our jackets on, I wish I had put sweaters on the girls as well. Oh well.
First we stopped at one of the beautiful magnolia trees by the George Mason Memorial.

Ellie loved carrying around her umbrella, though at that point we really didn't need it.

How cute is Annie?

We used our $1 Thomas the Train kite that we bought for last year's festival and also got another $1 Mickey Mouse Clubhouse kite too. Both kites flew fabulously. I am convinced the cheap ones are better. They go so high and take very little maneuvering skills.
Ellie was really good at flying the kite this year. She was so focused!! The one picture I have of her smiling is an anomoly, she definitely had her game face on as she was concentrating so hard on holding onto the kite. Annie really liked flying the kite too. But I think she would have been happier if the ground were drier. She ended up getting pretty muddy and messy.
We were right by the Washington Monument this time, so we got some great pictures of the kites with the Monument in the background.

Cool, eh?
2 comments:
I love the kite festival and we went every year. Seeing your pics bring back good memories!
You keep posting about such fun things I never knew about when we lived there... makes me want to come back!
Post a Comment