Monday, March 16, 2009

How Did This Happen?

It started out innocently enough. Since last December Ellie has been going to a class at the local rec center once a week. First, it was a tumbling class and now she is finishing up a dance class, which happens every Thursday. For the next round of classes, I signed her up for a swim class, for which she is incredibly excited. Unfortunately, I didn't go to sign her up for the swim class until the evening of the first day of registration (I know what a rookie mistake! What can I say? I was new, how was I supposed to know that if you want a swim class you need to sign up first thing in the morning!?!?!) So instead of getting a swim class that meets once a week for 8 weeks. Ellie is in a swim class that meets twice a week (Mon & Wed) for 4 weeks. It's a bummer because I would rather have the swim class last 8 weeks rather than 4, but at least she's in a class.

Then a woman at church decided to do a little music class for the month of March. I thought Ellie would love to go to it. And since it was only 4 Tuesdays in March, I figured it wouldn't be that much of a problem. And Ellie has really enjoyed the two classes that she's gone to so far.

Here's the catch - the last week of the dance class coincides with the first week of the swim class, and of course, the music class is ongoing as well.

So here's the schedule of our upcoming week:

Monday - swim class
Tuesday - music class
Wednesday - swim class
Thursday - dance class

How did this happen? How did we go from one class a week to four in one week?!?! I don't know. I never meant to be one of those moms who overschedule their children. But here I am with a kid who has a class nearly every day to attend. Thank goodness it is only this week! Because this Thursday is the last dance class.

Next week, we will have the swim class (twice) and the last music class. And then we'll just have the swim class for another two weeks.

Then Ellie will only be taking a intro to sports class that will be only once a week and we'll be back in our normal routine again. But wow! This week is going to be busy! Now a small part of me is sort of dreading preschool in the fall. The idea of having to be somewhere three days a week is kind of daunting. Especially since we've enjoyed three years of coming and going as we please. Oh well. The good news is that Ellie is really loving all of the classes she is taking. So at least she's thriving.

No comments: