Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ellie's Favorite Thing (Maybe Annie's Too)

So we went to Ellie's first swim class yesterday and there is no doubt, swim class is by far the funnest thing Ellie has ever done in her life. She LOVED every minute of it. She was all over it. She loved the stretching; she loved getting in the water; she loved blowing bubbles, splashing, kicking; she loved her teacher, Miss Emily; everything. I really don't remember seeing her as happy and excited before as she was yesterday. Of course, when the lesson was over her sheer joy quickly changed to sheer despair. 30 minutes clearly wasn't long enough. She was so devastated to leave. I think we've found a new hobby for Ellie, though. Maybe she'll be a swimmer. She has always loved the water and has never shown any hesitancy to it. So I wasn't at all surprised that she took to her swim class so well.

Poor Annie wanted so desperately to join the class too. All of the moms sat on a bench next to the pool. I had to hold Annie back to prevent her from making a dive into the pool. She was so anxious to be in the water. Like Ellie, she loves the water, especially bath time. She was so sad that I wouldn't let her in the pool. Poor baby.

No comments: