The best comment I got from someone recently was that upon seeing Annie they assumed that Annie had cancer because they thought Annie was an older child who had undergone chemo and had lost her hair. How sad is that?!?!?!?! Some mom might be offended by that kind of comment. I thought it was hilarious.
The other day at the community center I was walking Annie around while Ellie was taking her dance class. The people behind the front desk were looking at us for while. (Remember Annie is now more than half my height) Then one of the ladies finally asked "What percentile is your baby's height? "She's off the charts," I replied. "I was pretty sure," came the response. Yeah.
The latest experience happened today when I was taking Annie to a reading program at the library while Ellie was at her music class. It was a program for children aged 13 months to 24 months. Even though I had already signed Annie up and disclosed her age when doing so online, the lady at the library asked me how old she was to make sure that she was indeed younger than 24 months. So funny!!
I swear her little face gives her away, she doesn't look older than she is. But her height really confuses people. And certainly she behaves like a 16 month old - as far as her speaking ability and social skills. Poor thing; she is probably destined to be expected to act more maturely than she really is because people will assume she is older than she is. Oh well. At least she'll be a great height for swimming. (Since we discovered Ellie's passion for swimming, we have learned that Olympic swimmers are very tall 5'8 to 6ft. Right where both Ellie and Annie are projected end up. Look out world!)
So here's a picture of my super duper tall Annie, with Ellie who is also tall (80th percentile in height) at Mt. Vernon dressed as colonial children. No doubt they would have towered over their peers if they had lived during that time period.
1 comment:
That is so funny/sad about the cancer comment. Tall is fun. They will have all the choices when it comes time for sports or modeling. Thanks for sending the budget worksheet. It is really helpful.
Post a Comment