Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Living History

The National Museum of American History has been closed for several years for a major renovation. This is by far my favorite museum of the Smithsonian museums and really all museums in general. It's about everything I love - American history. It was recently reopened last November, but I haven't taken the girls yet until a couple of weeks ago. Christmastime was so busy and I worried that it would be crowded since it was just reopening.

So we headed over the last Friday of February and checked out the children's learning lab and the hands on room. Ellie and Annie loved it! It was a big hit. In the Spark Lab, as it is called, they had a special little corner for children under 5 with tons of toys and activities. We could have stayed there for hours. Then they had another hands on hall that had lots of fun things to do. We will definitely be going again!






1 comment:

Jeff said...

looks like a great new place - and the best part... its FREE! looks like you beat the crowds too!