Saturday, April 04, 2009

Blossoms


It's cherry blossom time in Washington DC - certainly one of my favorite times of the year. And of course, the cherry blossoms around town, especially by the Tidal Basin are gorgeous. They were starting to come out last week at the kite festival and have since opened up and are amazing.

We spent yesterday afternoon at the Tidal Basin with our good friend, Laura, and her kids, Grant and Jane. Matt was able to come over from work too. The blossoms were in peak bloom so we got some fantastic pictures with the kids and the blossoms. It was a cloudy day so the lighting was perfect and it was much warmer than last week when we went to the kite festival.
We ended up heading back to Matt's office because he had just a few things to finish off and I thought we could eat dinner while he was finishing. As it turns out, we were much later than planned and didn't get home until 9pm. Oops! We hardly ever let that happen. Oh well. Fortunately, both Ellie and Annie were pretty good considering that they were exceptionally tired.

I think we took more than 90 pictures. WOW!!! There is no way I'm going to be able to put them all on here. Maybe I'll have to figure out how to do those slide shows things I've seen.... For now here's a couple of pictures we took.

No comments: