That's what Annie is - sick, sick, sick. I have never had a child so sick. She caught a nasty virus that has made her temperature soar and her eating plummet*. Plus she is cutting like four teeth at once, making her an all around unhappy baby. At least she is sleeping still. The doctor said there's nothing for us to do but treat the fever with tylenol and let the virus pass. But it's taking the poor a while to get better. She's been so bad that we didn't drop her off at our weekly babysitting swap yesterday, which meant we missed going to the temple.
And now today we are taking turns with church so that one of us can be home with her. Matt has meetings before so he is going first, and I have to take roll and pass out things in relief society so I get the second shift. And the irony of it all is that this particular Sunday was supposed to be Annie's first week in nursery. We've been counting down the weeks forever. This was going to be our week when both Matt and I could attend Sunday School and RS/EQ in peace with no children. Of all the times to be sick! And my kids are NEVER sick. I mean never! What are the chances?!?!
So I'm trying to not be bitter, and mostly I'm just bummed. I'm sad my little sweetie is so miserable. I'm sad I didn't get to go to the temple and I'm sad that I'm missing most of church especially when this was the day of church I've been waiting for since Annie was born!
Ok, I'm done complaining.
*This is the kid who is known for eating as much as her dad in one sitting. Now all I can get her to eat are grapes, raisens and milk.
3 comments:
I'm sorry Annie is sick! That's no fun at all. My kids seem to be experts at getting sick. Summer can't come soon enough!
Hope she gets better soon!`
It sounds just like what Eleana had on her first birthday. She had a high fever, was very sleepy and had no appetite. She ended up having a mild double ear infection (and she had two teeth coming in).
Hope she feels better soon!
xoox,
C
Post a Comment