Saturday before
Unfortunately I don't have pictures from the first one - the church activity that Ellie attended. I hear they had a bunch of fun games and a play about the Resurrection and everything. They even had an egg hunt. Ellie came home very excited. I think she especially liked that it was a "drop off" party. She felt so grown up.
Easter Sunday
So Easter was a little funny this year. Matt had an incredibly busy work week that unfortunately took up not only most of the week but also several hours on Saturday. So by Sunday morning, I figured that we really didn't need to have an Easter egg hunt at home. Ellie and Annie had already attended the egg hunt at Sabrina's house and there was also an egg hunt at the church activity on Saturday. So I decided that we would just skip it.
But during breakfast (or maybe even before) Ellie asked us if the Easter bunny had come. "What are you talking about, Ellie?" "You know, Mom, the Easter bunny comes like Santa and brings candy and eggs." In my head I'm thinking "Who told you that, I never told you that, Curses!!! Why do we even let you out of the house?!?!?!?!?" Out loud, "The Easter Bunny hasn't come yet, but he told me he was going to come soon." Fortunately, I had all of the candy and snacks for the eggs so I just snuck away later in the morning and put out them out for Ellie and Annie so it wasn't that big of a deal. But really, how does she get this kind of information? I'm not ready to stealth about these kinds of things. I am going to make the worse Santa.
And say what you will, but I am not about making Easter into Christmas with all the presents and the blah, blah, blah. The girls got 14 eggs each and half of them were filled with candy and the other half with craisens, raisins, and cheerios because they already got plenty of candy and sweets from other sources.
All of this was fun was shared with Matt's cousin, Andrea and her husband, Russ, who were visiting us from Utah. They were such wonderful house guests and willing photographers. We had a wonderful time with them and are really glad we had family to share Easter with.
2 comments:
Cute dresses! (Ok, and kids too!) It was good to see you Saturday.
Cute girls. Cute dresses. I can't say I'm missing church at 3pm!
Post a Comment