It's 1:30am and I am awake for stupid reasons. I was up at 3am last night because Annie was sick. It didn't take all that long to give her some drugs and put her to bed but then I couldn't fall asleep. I just wavered between rest and restlessness until the day began. So that meant that by the time we had put the girls to bed tonight at 7:30pm and I made the mistake of lying down "just for a little while" I was out. Then I woke up when Matt went to bed at 1am and now I'm wide awake. Stupid, stupid. If I had only just kept myself up for two or three more hours, I would have been fine. Now my entire sleeping schedule is off. I'm hoping to be tired in the next couple of hours and then be able to get back to bed. We shall see.
So I've been pretty quiet for the past few days. I suppose it's because we haven't done anything very noteworthy lately. There's been a few funny little things that have happened.
Ellie recently asked me why I call her "honey" so often; I explained that it was a nickname because I love her and that I can call her honey, and honey, when you call me you can call me "Al." She didn't get it and decided that "Ma" was just as good.
Ellie also randomly started singing the lyrics to She Will Be Loved by Maroon Five which she claims I've sung before, though I don't remember singing it in her presence. Let me tell you hearing a 3 year old start singing "Look for the girl with the broken smile, ask her if she wants to stay for a while" out of nowhere is pretty funny. I never listen to the radio when I'm with the girls, so I know it must be true. I probably sang it sometime. Who knows?
Speaking of songs, I've really liked hearing Jason Mraz's I'm Yours lately. I like his sound.
I also spent the week acquiring Ellie's new summer wardrobe. She's grown out of everything again so she gets a new stash of clothes. What a lucky dog. So Target, Old Navy and Carters have been my good old friends recently. Even Annie, who is doomed to wear hand me downs forever, lucked out. It's turns out that her extreme height results in her having larger feet than Ellie did at the same age. So she gets new shoes this summer. And why not, shouldn't she get something new to her?
Matt's work has been crazy busy lately. Not so much this week as in weeks past. I don't really want to complain too much because we're so grateful he has a good job and is working well. But still it makes me want to plan a vacation because I don't want him to get burned out and the girls definitely want to spend time with him. We'll see what we come up with.
How's this for complete random musings? That's all for now. Hopefully I'll get to sleep soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment