Thursday, April 02, 2009

Annie, the Book Reader


Annie LOVES to read books. I think she would be very content to sit on my lap for hours and just look at books. She really loves them - looking at the pictures, flipping the pages, and pointing out things in the pages, etc. One book she's really enjoying right now is How Does A Dinosaur Say Goodnight? It is a fabulous book by Mary Yolen and Mark Teague. They have a whole Dinosaur series, but this is the only one I've read. And well, both Ellie and Annie adore it. We are currently borrowing it from the library, but we may have to go and buy a copy for ourselves, cause it's pretty great. I love good kids books. There seems to be such a range of quality when it comes to children books - particularly ones for toddlers and babies. Some are seriously terrible. But others are just fabulous. Dinosaurs is one of the good ones out there. What are your favorites?

6 comments:

Emily said...

The Monster at the End of This Book is a favorite at our house. Lissa also really likes the Duck and Goose series - we have What's Up, Duck? and How Are You Feeling?

Ryann said...

We have that one as well as two others from the same series. All of my kids love them-especially Timmy right now. Annie has great taste!

MBusse said...

I saw a couple from that Dinosaur series at TJ Maxx down here last night.

I think it's natural for kids to like books. Again.... why I have little patience for parents whose kids don't even know their letters going into kindergarden.

Dianah said...

Aaron is totally into the "Mr. Men, Little Miss" books. I read all 6 books that we own about 3 times a day or more. I get bombarded with them. I want to get him more so that I hopefully don't have to read them so often, but for some reason, it will probably back fire on me.

Miller Family said...

Love the monster at the end of this book also. Love Goodnight Gorilla, if was the fav of both my kids as toddlers.

Vickie said...

Some of the favorites here are "Mouse Paint", "The Little Mouse, The Red, Ripe, Strawberry, and The Big Hungry Bear", "The Caboose Who Got Loose", and "Snuggle Puppy" (or anything else by Sandra Boynton). We love books! Looks like Ellie will be reading them to you in no time :).