Thursday, April 09, 2009

I am a Moron

So I needed to buy a new wallet. My current one is falling apart, most likely because it's a few years old and I carry way too many cards around with me.

I found a potential new wallet at Target earlier in the week (I didn't like any of the ones at Walmart) but unfortunately when I got home with said new wallet and started putting my stuff in it, I realized that it wouldn't really hold all of the things I need in my wallet.

My demands for the perfect wallet are very particular and high. It must fit anywhere between 15-20 cards (library cards, credit cards, membership cards, insurance cards, etc), a few dollar bills, coins, and a handful of receipts. And (here's the kicker) it must be small enough to fit in my pocket easily.

So I had struck out at Walmart and Target and I have to go back to Target and return the wallet that won't work.

This was my state of affairs yesterday evening when I decided to stop by Kohls with the girls in tow (bedtime dangerously close), in search for another wallet. I didn't have much time, I didn't want to buy yet another wallet that would need to be returned, and I was trying to entertain two small children. So of course, I grabbed a few potential wallets and began putting my own cards into them to see if they would fit properly. As I went through wallets and eliminated possibilities, I tried to be sure to take out all of cards from the wallets. But apparently I didn't do such a good job.

When we got home with my newly purchased wallet and began stuffing it with cards, I discovered that I was missing my health insurance card, as well as Ellie's and Annie's. Can you believe it? So I hustled back to the store (thankfully Matt was home and could put the girls to bed) hoping against hope that I would be able to find the missing cards.

I tell you I looked in every single wallet in the store (even ones I didn't touch). I couldn't find them anywhere! What are the chances that someone purchased the very wallet with my cards in it during the last 30 minutes? I couldn't believe I was so stupid. After searching for nearly an hour, I finally gave up. I was so frustrated with myself I couldn't even bring myself to inquire at the store's help desk to see if someone had found the cards. Just imagining myself explaining the predicament to a sales person was too humiliating. Besides, I comforted myself with the knowledge that the cards were easy to replace and contained no information that could be used against us.

So moral of the story - don't go shopping with kids, and never try out a wallet at the store.

It was only hours later that I realized that my temple recommend was missing too. MORON!!

2 comments:

CPT K said...

yeah...that was moronic.

Melissa said...

Oh that is funny and awful. In theory it is a good idea. Probably one of the girls was messing with your wallet while you were trying other wallets and dropped the cards on the ground or something. I would feel weird to go the front desk and ask if they'd seen my Mormon Temple Recommend too. Funny.