Sunday, December 10, 2006

120 mph and almost out of gas

I woke up this morning and I feel like I haven't stopped doing things all day. This is particularly sad since it is a Sunday and I like the idea of Sunday actually being a "day of rest." Today, however, it was not meant to be. I went from waking up, to going to church, to heading back home, to eating lunch, to hosting choir, to making dinner, to eating dinner, to putting Ellie to sleep, to working on an extremely time-consuming and tedious project to now (11pm) and time for me to go to bed.

Who knows when life will slow down. Matt's work has been particularly demanding these past couple of weeks. He told me as he left to go back to work today "See you Friday evening" (meaning that he wouldn't be around the entire week). And I have been left with doing everything else. No wonder my house is a wreck. Hopefully sometime during our Christmas break both Matt and I will be able to take a breather. It's definitely needed! Matt needs it more than me.

The ambitious person in me wants to wake up tomorrow at 5:45am to get to the gym and back before Matt goes to work. But the lazy bum in me wants to sleep a little longer. Not sure who's going to win this one.

No comments: